Must bring list:
- Waterproof raincoat
- Sturdy boots
- Ice Axe, Crampons, Helmet.
- Fast drying shorts (2x preferable)
- T-shirts (2x preferable)
- Thick Socks (at least 2 pairs)
- Warm Woolen Jersey or Polyester Fleece (with no cotton)
- Polypro trousers (long johns)
- Polypro under shirt
- Beanie / warm hat
- Gloves (wool or polyprop are fine)
- Sleeping bag
- Unbreakable bowl, cup, knife, fork and spoon
- Drink bottle, at least 2L
- Personal medication
- Personal first aid kit – including blister treatment.
- Toilet paper
- Torch / headlamp with spare batteries.
- Pack liner to keep the things in your pack dry. If using rubbish bag use two layers.
- A pack that can take up all the things you need plus space for group food (5L spare).
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses – essential!
- SURVIVAL KIT. While not essential, this is HIGHLY recommended on all
trips. What you put in it is up to you, basic gear is a survival bag,
torch and batteries, knife, lighter and matches, first aid kit. It stays with you at all times
- Gaiters (to keep stones and mud out of boots)
- Jandals or Jandals to wear in the hut
- Insect repellent
- A few plastic bags (supermarket bags or similar) are always handy.
- Pack of Cards!
- Babywipes or small flannel
- Hand Sanitiser (eg. Purell)
Not allowed/banned List:
- Any clothes that contain cotton (as they will be very cold if wet)