How to write an email advertising a trip/event
Here is a template for you to use when writing your trip/event notice to send out on the mailing list.
The address to send the email to is: [email protected] (where YYYY is the current 4 digit year, e.g. 2012).
“Trip name and Date”
First line should be:
I’m organising/running a trip/event to….
• where the trip/event is
• when the trip/event is (and how long for)
• what sort of trip/event is.. eg, alpine, walk in the park, bush bash, multiday, easy overnight, social event, other…
• an indication of the cost
• what is expected of participants in terms of:
– what they need to bring/supply (food, gear etc)
The standard sign up list:
2: Cellphone number
3: Next of kin contact details (name+number)
4: Recent trips you have been on
5: Any medical conditions we need to know about
6: Dietary requirements
7: Do you have a car, if so, how many people can it take
8: Do you have all the gear on the gear list.
Appropriate gear lists can be found as follows, either include the link or the list itself at the end of the email. You can add/subtract from it if you think it’s necessary but in most cases you’ll find they are quite complete lists.
Day Trip: https://autctest.wordpress.com/plan-a-trip/gear-list/day-trip/