- Submit your details into the signup form on the right or below if on mobile.
- Pay the membership fee.
If you are a University of Auckland student, the cost is $20 for membership until March 2021.
If you are not a UoA student the cost is $30 for membership until March 2021.
Sign up Form
Almost done, now you just need to pay the membership fee.
For membership till March 2021:
- $20 for University of Auckland students
- $30 for non-students
You can deposit your membership fee into the club bank account:
ANZ 06 0158 0367 347 00
Please put your full name in the reference line.
To pay by card or with a PayPal account use one of the buttons below
Bank Deposit at Auckland University
If it is more convenient, you could do a manual deposit by going to ANZ in the Kate Edger Information Commons at Auckland University, using your name (or UoA ID number) as a reference. If you have any problems with payment please let us know at email@example.com.
Once you’ve joined
Once you are a member, you will be added to the club mailing list. Our trips are advertised via email, and when a trip has been planned, the details will be sent out to the club. To sign-up to a trip, just reply to the email.
I still need convincing
As a club member you also get great discounts with leading outdoor suppliers, you get a free copy of the club magazine, Footprints; access to our historic hut in the Waitakere Ranges, gear hire, the cheapest bush craft and mountaineering skills courses around (by a country mile) and you get to go on all our great trips and events.
Benefits of membership:
- You are a member of the best and most active club on campus!
- You can attend all tramping club trips and events
- You have free access to club gear such as alpine gear, tents, and cooking gear – although you are expected to have your own personal gear such as a pack, sleeping bag, and footwear.
Free use of our historic hut in the Waitakere RangesUnfortunately due to the closure of the Waitakere Ranges, the hut is not accessible for regular trips. You can still access our hut if you come on our environmental trips, which we run in conjunction with Ark in the Park.
- Access to our alpine (snow school) bushcraft (bush school) instructional courses
- See some of the most amazing parts of New Zealand
- Our trips are run by volunteers so they are very cheap! The only cost is petrol, food, and hut passes
- You will be part of and contribute to a legendary club that has been around since 1932 and it is part of the true Auckland University experience
For each trip that you do, you will have to pay a small amount to cover the consumables and services you use (petrol for transport, food, accommodation etc.) It’s a good thing that trip leaders are generally very good at keeping trip costs to a minimum! The cost of each trip will depend on where it is, cost of food, how many people are going, and other factors such as these. Some trips, such as instructional courses and social trips may also be subsidised.
So what are you waiting for?! Become a member of our legendary club!
Otherwise, if you have any questions about being a club member, you can contact the Memberships Officer, Ellen, at firstname.lastname@example.org